Thursday 24 March 2011

1990s, I look for other subcultures.




Because I have already researched about main 1990s subcultures as my group work, I am not going to say about mainstreams such like grunge, Hip Hop, club cultures, drug and juvenile delinquency. That was enough after I watched Trainspotting. So I am going to research a subculture which is completely different. However, it was really hard to find out because almost all information I could get was those kind of things.
So I spotted 90s technology instead of music. It is clear that 1990s is a decade of soaring technology. Start from WWW(World Wide Web) in 1992, the Internet has spread out rapidly. Then Windows 95 introduced PC to each household. Everybody got mobile phones and they became smaller and smaller. At the same time video games also got popular. It started from Super Nintendo to Play Station 1. These produced a new group of people who are crazy for video games. They are often called 'Otaku'. The word is from Japanese which means people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga, or video games.
I am personally interested in it, so I am going to research it.

No comments:

Post a Comment